Senior Backend Engineer-Generative AI
Placer.ai is a high-growth, big data pre-IPO tech company led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Our platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras, and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 2x year-over-year for the past 2 years, counting more than 3,600+ paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. We have raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
As a Senior Backend Engineer specializing in Generative AI at Placer.ai, your primary role involves developing and maintaining backend systems that integrate Generative AI and Large Language Models. You will lead the design and deployment of AI/ML models, focusing on natural language processing and generative technologies, and collaborate with data engineers for optimal data preprocessing. Your responsibilities include building and improving large-scale systems for Placer.ai, enhancing performance, scalability, and robustness, and ensuring end-to-end task management from design to deployment. Additionally, you will work closely with various teams to introduce innovative features and mentor team members, leveraging your expertise in Python, cloud services, and AI technologies.
- Develop and maintain backend systems, with a specific focus on integrating Generative AI and Large Language Models providers.
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of AI/ML models, with an emphasis on natural language processing and generative technologies.
- Work closely with data engineers for data preprocessing, ensuring optimal data quality for model training.
- Play a central role in building complex, large-scale systems that power Placer.ai's platform, with an emphasis on AI-driven features.
- Measure, analyze, and improve the performance, scalability, and robustness of the product and LLMs.
- Carry tasks end-to-end, from conceptual design to deployment, taking full ownership.
- Collaborate with Product, Analysts, and Data Science teams to enhance product quality and introduce innovative features.
- Mentor and guide team members through code and design reviews, providing technical guidance.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or an equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of professional backend experience, with expertise in Python and cloud services.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and deploying machine learning and deep learning models.
- Strong familiarity with AI technologies, especially Generative AI models, NLP solutions, and their applications such as content querying, data analysis, and AI Agents.
- Experience with common LLM libraries and infrastructure such as LangChain, Microsoft Semantic Kernel, vector DBs, LlamaIndex etc.
- Proficiency in Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud platforms like AWS or GCP.
- Proven experience in managing large-scale production systems and data pipelines.
- Experience with Python libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
- Experience working with data processing technologies such as Spark, Flink etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines.
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
- Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating.
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai.
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits.
- Fully remote.
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.