Compensation and Equity Analyst
Placer.ai is a high-growth, big data pre-IPO tech company led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras, and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 2x year-over-year for the past 2 years, counting more than 3,300+ paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
We are seeking an experienced Compensation & Equity, Analyst to oversee our total rewards programs as Placer continues to grow rapidly. This role will be responsible for conducting market research, benchmarking, and deep dive analysis to develop competitive compensation and benefit packages across the organization.
- Administration and oversight of the Carta platform and management of all of the company’s equity and other share programs and classes.
- Create a cohesive process to track and compile stock option requests that require Board Approval.
- Oversee audits, reporting and compliance for all stock option requests.
- Approving and processing exercise requests in Carta.
- Logging of all grant requests and maintenance of all changes.
- Processing Equity Terminations (all employment and contractor terminations).
- Communicating with current and former employees about vested options and the right to exercise.
- Oversee all the communications relating to Board Consent and Board Approval for issuance of grants.
- Analysis of equity plan and benchmarking.
- Develop and enhance policies, practices and procedures that are consistent with our compensation philosophy.
- Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Partner with HR to model and recommend appropriate base pay levels, short-term and long-term incentive awards. and variable pay programs aligned with business goals.
- Prepare, process, and manage compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping, including garnishments, option grants, benefits, and 401(k) contributions.
- Drive end-to-end activities related to the compensation component of the annual review process (Year End process) which includes merit budgeting, salary structure analysis, incentive planning, reporting activities and general project management.
- Analyze workforce composition, performance ratings, and other factors to effectively design compensation programs that attract and retain top talent.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Conduct periodic audits of pay equity across roles and demographics to identify gaps and areas of risk, Recommend appropriate changes.
- Researches employee benefits in similar industries; based on findings, recommends changes or updates to the company's existing benefits or policies.
- Works with insurance brokers and investment planners to create competitive, cost-effective benefits packages for the organization; facilitates implementation and enrollment for insurance and retirement plans.
- Develop and create Total Reward Statements for employees.
- Assist in the Company’s annual headcount planning and tracking of employee hiring to budget.
- Drive organizational capacity planning with each department to develop accurate headcount forecasts.
- Special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Two to three years of experience as a compensation analyst is required, or other around equity plan administration or FP&A.
- Expert in Google Sheets and Excel, with financial modeling experience a plus.
- Excellent GSuite and MS Office knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail, process-oriented and have great documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to orchestrate and execute multiple, complex deliverables in parallel.
- Ability to proactively communicate effectively across departments in a remote environment and are used to working towards deliverable deadlines
- Ability to work independently and fully-remote.
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent
- Competitive salary
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.