Senior Data Analyst | Core Research
Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 1000 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
The Senior Data Analyst position is a vital role within our Data Ingestion R&D department, primarily focused on ongoing research and model building for the company's data ingestion part of the product.
This dynamic role involves conducting in-depth research, focused on mobility and point of interest (POI) data. As a key contributor to our data analytics team, the Senior Data Analyst uses big-data technologies & statistical methods to transform location data into actionable insights, fine-tune models and optimize data pipelines.
- Conduct comprehensive data analysis, utilizing statistical techniques, to uncover valuable insights, patterns, and trends related to core algorithms in our product
- Design, develop and maintain data pipelines using Apache Airflow, ensuring a timely and reliable generation of critical reports
- Translate technical findings into actionable recommendations that support strategic planning and business optimization
- Evaluate new potential data sources, assess added value and recommend if to integrate with the product
- Leverage advanced technologies such as Python, SQL and PySpark for efficient data manipulation, analysis and modeling
- Work closely with R&D and Data Science teams to ensure the optimal solution is built in terms of logic and infrastructure
- Work closely with product teams to collaborate on innovative solutions for product gaps
- 4+ years of relevant working experience as a Data Analyst - A must
- 3+ years of experience working with Python/PySpark on large datasets
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL
- Experience with Airflow and Terraform - Advantage
- Experience working on cloud services (GCP / AWS / Azure) - Advantage
- B.Sc in Industry & Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or equivalent experience in academic research or industry
- Quick learner, proactive/can-do attitude with high attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapting to a constantly changing environment
- Critical thinker with research-oriented mindset
- A team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as business sense
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent
- Competitive salary
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.