Account Director - Finance
Placer.ai is a high growth, big data SaaS company building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Our platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100Bil.
Placer has grown 2x year-over-year for the past 2 years, counting more than 3,300+ paying clients across most, if not, all industries including Retail, CPG, Hospitality, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Services, Restaurants, Healthcare, Municipalities (cities), and even airports. Placer.ai has raised a Series B ($50mil) in early 2021 and a Series C ($100mil) in early 2022 valuing the company at $1Bil.
This role is being created to serve as an industry expert within Financial Services. The objective of the Account Director is to help lead internal teams to further drive customer utilization and increase Net Dollar Retention (NDR) targets. The Account Director will work closely with our Customer Success (retaining customers) and Customer Growth (expanding customers) teams to achieve those outcomes.
- The Account Director will be responsible for building trusted and productive working relationships with key team members on the Customer Success and Customer Growth teams.
- Ensure that the overall long-term sales strategy for the customer account is aligned to customer's overall business objective.
- This role will need to provide critical business insights, solutions and recommendations to C-Suite stakeholders within the Finance vertical as well as across to other stakeholders within the growth and renewals space.
- Create a comprehensive sales strategy that clearly shows the value of the Placer product and continues to drive value in their investment via expansion and renewal.
- This role will serve as the main point of contact and should facilitate all customer touchpoints within internal teams to ensure strong customer satisfaction and revenue growth within the Finance vertical.
- Partner with the Customer Success, Sales Development, Customer Growth and Solutions Engineer team to develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing the customer relationship.
- Drive existing customer conversations around new products to drive expansion revenue.
- Manage the sales process, whether during renewal timing or outside the typical renewal cycle.
- Forecast projected expansion sales and renewals.
- Provide regular updates on customer status to management and escalate as appropriate.
- Drive conversations with customers on multi-year contracts.
- Identify customer needs and demonstrate strong account management capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure.
- Be an expert negotiator selling the value of our products.
- Work cross functionally to develop retention and expansion strategies.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experienced expert working with Hedge Funds & Asset Managers, with existing strong relationships within the Investing Finance vertical.
- BA/BS or similar college-level education.
- 5+ years selling or managing existing accounts selling data or research into Hedge Funds / Asset Managers / Private Equity.
- Experience working with G-Suite: Gmail, Google Slides, Sheets, etc.
- Advanced understanding of working with SFDC or relevant CRM.
- Excellent, clear verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- A positive attitude and a selfless approach to teamwork.
- Knowledge of retail, real estate, financial services or CPG is a plus.
- A proven ‘problem solver’ with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-growing startup organization.
- Travel is required 10% of the time for conferences
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
- Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating.
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai.
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits.
- Fully remote.
Base compensation: $125k-175k with commission
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.