R&D Team Lead
Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 2,200 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
As an R&D team lead at Placer.ai you will have full ownership of core and critical Placer services. You will be responsible for planning, tech design, implementing and rolling out to production the services of our Analytics engine.
In your day to day, you will tackle challenging scaling issues, you will brainstorm with super talented team members on how to support our overall hyper growth and system complexity. You will push code to production on a daily basis.
- Design and develop core infrastructure modules and functional services, tackle large scale and load challenges, using Python, Node and SQL / columnar / document DB’s.
- Own a critical section of Placer’s core product.
- Manage 4 to 6 backend and full stack developers.
- Perform POCs for new technology and design concepts.
- Play a central role in building complex and large scale systems that powers Placer.ai’s platform
- Measure, analyze and improve the performance, scalability and robustness of the product as well as processes
- Take full ownership by carrying out tasks end-to-end, from design to deployment
- Technically mentor and assist team members to excel at their job by executing code and design reviews, and technical guidance
- Collaborate with Product, Analysts and Data Science teams in order to improve the product’s quality and deliver new features
- 5+ years of professional backend experience, 2+ years of experience as team leader.
- Experience building large distributed production systems including event based architecture, experience with various DB’s and messaging technologies.
- Be hands-on with proficient coding skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Go.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or an equivalent
- Experience with frontend frameworks (React, Angular).
- Experience with big-data products, ideally with BI products.
- Experience with Google cloud, K8.
- Dev Ops experience or background ideally with helm and terraform.
- Experience and knowledge with different DBs such as Mongo, postgres, Big query, Big table.
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
- Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.