Senior Fullstack Engineer - Remote
Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 2x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 2,300 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
Our group is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer to join. We are looking for a people's person with the willingness to help us conquer the world. Our group works with React, Node.js, Python and GIS softwares in a flexible and dynamic environment. You'll be responsible for designing and implementing core product features. This position is a remote position.
- Build a next-generation analytics web app and GIS related applications on React 16.8+, Node.js, Python and GIS softwares.
- Build end-to-end development of new and existing features including client and server-side code, database schemas, and communication APIs.
- Design and develop overall architecture of the web application and GIS related modules.
- Design, implement and deploy E2E features.
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years as a Full Stack developer
- Deep understanding in at least one of: Node.js or Python
- 2+ years of experience with Python, pandas, celery, RabbitMQ, and MongoDB - advantage
- Deep understanding in at least one of React, Angular, VUE.JS
- Deep understanding of in at least one of Redux, MobX, NgRx, Akita, GraphQL
- Hands on knowledge of Open Source GIS Technologies, like Mapbox - Advantage
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Self-initiated and quick learner
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform (preferred) or other Cloud vendors
- Developing complex large scale data pipelines
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
- Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating.
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai.
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits.
- Fully remote.
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?