Product Manager - Data Ingestion
Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 1,900 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
Placer.ai’s Point of Interest (POI) data is the core of Placer’s platform, and its purpose is to deliver accurate insights, enabling our customers to take business decisions at scale.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for managing, developing and delivering end-to-end product vision, strategy, and roadmaps in the POI domain in collaboration with cross-functional partners inside and outside the organization.
Be the driving force behind Placer’s unique POI data that sets us apart from the competition.
- Build relationships with our POI data providers and work with them to assure Placer gets robust and reliable POI data that fits Placer’s needs.
- Set the roadmap for our POI teams, leading their execution end-to-end from inception through launch
- Lead sprints, planning and retrospectives, and manage agile teams made up of world-class data professionals.
- Write detailed and clear specs, define and set KPIs for your products in order to make informed product decisions, uncover insights and promote discussions through a data-driven approach
- Play a central role in Placer.ai’s Product Management team and design data-intensive features
- Oversee all aspects of the delivery process to achieve the growth targets of Placer’s product and guarantee smooth and efficient implementation
- Translate business goals into objectives and product KPIs and ensure product initiatives have the right direction and focus to succeed in the market
- 3+ years as Product Manager in a fast-paced tech environment
- Strong Data Science/Analytics/data products background; 8+ years of professional experience
- Experience in working with development teams on high complex systems
- Detail oriented
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical capabilities; be effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Strong understanding of customer needs with the ability to translate them into a technical solution
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Computer Science, Engineering or Statistics degree
- Experience in defining product requirements for data configuration/management tools
- Experience working on Data-Driven / B2B / SaaS products
- Experience working with POI Data
- Lived in the US with a strong familiarity of retail brands
- Master's degree
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
- Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?