Vice President of Engineering
Are you passionate about making a change in healthcare? Are you driven by innovation? Are you looking for an environment that you can have fun, be you and be a part of an amazing culture while still driving change and innovation? Then Osso VR is the place for you!
Osso VR is the leading virtual reality surgical training and assessment platform. Our technology is being used by the top medical device companies to train thousands of surgeons, on dozens of the latest surgical techniques, in over twenty countries around the world. Our mission is to improve patient outcomes through better training and assessment, increase the adoption of higher value medical technology, and democratize access to the latest surgical techniques globally.
While we are extremely proud of the work we do, we are just as excited and proud of our team members and culture! Since the beginning of Osso VR we have been a 100% remote company and feel as though we have perfected the way we can communicate, engage, and interact with each other even though our team is, quite literally, all over the map! At Osso VR we believe that the work we do, and your personal life are both equally important to make dreams happen! We are inspired to dream big, drive innovation, and deliver while still finding a way to have fun at the same time!
We are excited to be looking for a Vice President of Engineering to join our stellar team at Osso VR!
At Osso VR, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace where you can be authentically you!
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job description. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply to the role if you're excited about the opportunity. Even if you do not align with every qualification, you may still be the right candidate for the position or other open roles within the company!
The Vice President of Engineering is responsible for enabling Osso's mission to radically improve surgical training and healthcare outcomes for everyone through Virtual Reality (VR)/Spatial Computing. They will achieve this by exploring and leading key technical decisions, partnering with Product on navigating strategic relationships, and managing and supporting the performance and growth of the engineering org, create structure and encourage innovation and contribute to the product vision from a technical standpoint.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create a comprehensive technical vision and strategy for current and future products that align with the company's objectives.
- Continue to foster a culture within the engineering team that focuses on achieving results whilst fostering mutual respect amongst team members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive innovation and improve processes.
- Establish KPIs to measure success, providing regular reports to the Executive team and Board of Directors.
- Provide guidance and support to the engineering team to ensure successful project delivery.
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to drive excellence, from recruitment to operations.
- Partner with Product and Commercial to help prioritize features, products, and capabilities.
- Serve as a thought leader to ensure alignment with technological advancement/direction and to drive organizational innovation.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience as an architect and engineering leader in B2B, SaaS environment, spatial computing company, gaming, interactive media or other relevant organization.
- 3+ years of people management experience across multiple teams, geographies, and leaders
- Proven ability to build engaged, high-performing teams
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated practical applications of a variety of software development, organizational methodologies and modern software architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with executive presence; ability to influence, educate, and inspire others
- Comfortable managing multiple work streams, coordinating resources, and prioritizing work across teams
- A collaborative mindset focused on building trust and respect
- A “roll up your sleeves” attitude having a willingness to support day-to-day operations
- Ability to be strategic and think ahead to future possibilities and translate into breakthrough strategies
- Passion for spatial computing
Our compensation package includes a base salary of $220,000-$275,000 as well as an incentive bonus and equity options.
Osso VR offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health advocacy
- Virtual Health
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Other voluntary benefits available
* We are currently only hiring residents of the United States*
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of our team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.