Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Job Title: Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: Chicago, IL
Hiring Manager: Senior Director of Finance
Ocient is a hyperscale data analytics software company headquartered in Chicago, IL, enabling organizations to analyze trillions to quadrillions of data records in seconds. Over the past five years, Ocient has built a SQL compliant data warehouse for Petabyte and beyond datasets that is 10x to 50x times faster than competitive OLAP databases.
Our ideal candidate has high moral standards and takes pride in maintaining exceptional internal controls and designing efficient processes. You are a dedicated team player, extremely organized, detail oriented, and look to make a footprint in the development of long-term scalable processes. You are able to work very independently and are able to adapt and develop processes as the business evolves and matures.
- Liaising with heads of departments, executive suite and other key leadership figures.
- Lead financial and strategic planning for individual departments and the wider organization.
- Work with sales to develop bookings, revenue, and cash forecasts.
- Lead and build annual budgets and forecasts for different departments and consolidate into one master budget.
- Develop and track key financial metrics for SaaS businesses.
- Analyzing past financial performance, preparing competitor analysis, and examining market trends along with commentary for management.
- Lead and create financial models to predict growth and forecast performance.
- Analyzing monthly budgets and forecasts and performing variance analysis to explain discrepancies.
- Evaluating new and existing projects, investments, and assets to determine their validity and appraise their value.
- Recommending improvements and use of financing structures such as debt and equity when appropriate.
- Reviews analysis results, develops insightful suggestions for investment, sourcing, cost reduction and leads strategic business decisions.
- Lead financial aspects of the planning cycle: Strategic Plan (STRAP), Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Prepare board of directors and investor materials as appropriate.
- Proactively collaborate, influence and align with corporate planning and overall company strategy.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BS degree in related field (Accounting, Business, Economics).
- 10+ years in Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Experience in managing large sets of data and building complex models.
- Experience with Netsuite.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfortable presenting and driving meetings with executives and other key leadership figures.
- Startup experience a must.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, autonomous, and resourceful.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- Commitment to excellence and efficiency.
- Familiarity with GAAP.