Health Content Copywriter
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to research and distill complex health topics using reputable sources including CDC, NIH, Mayo Clinic, etc., and cite accordingly easy-to-understand, engaging, and actionable health content that captures the target audience's attention and influences action.
- Adapt copy for a variety of communication channels, including IVR, email, SMS, and mobile web.
- Collaborate with clients and subject matter experts to deliver high-quality work on time.
- Contribute to the production of our large-scale content library.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to a diverse audience of all ages.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and accuracy while juggling multiple assignments.
- Contribute to strategic discussion on content standards to ensure consistency, repeatability, and scalability.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience in healthcare writing with a focus on health communication and health education.
- Ability to write content aligned to Medicaid and Medicare audiences, and address client-specific standards
- Strong ability to take complex ideas and information and distill it into short, simple messages across different communication channels.
- Strong intuition for how to compel an audience to pay attention and take action.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to explain your writing process and standards to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects (with competing timelines) and complete them within a given timeframe.
- Understands how to leverage health equity and social determinants of health (SDoH) Ability to write content for audiences of differing cultural, linguistic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excels in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Technically savvy.
- 3+ years of healthcare writing. Background in health communication and health education.
- Bachelor's Degree in health communication, public health, or health education, a huge plus!
- Experience writing effectively (and concisely) for multiple channels (Email, SMS, IVR, and web)
- Ability to stand and sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. weight.