Office and Facilities Manager
Headquartered in sunny Los Angeles, GrayMatter Robotics is an AI robotics company that empowers people with smart robot assistants designed for tedious and ergonomically challenging tasks. We bundle our AI software with off-the-shelf robots, sensors, and tools to create application-specific turnkey solutions for customers through a Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) format.
We help manufacturers improve shop floor workers’ quality of life, increase production capacity, and reduce scrap, repair, and rework costs. As an Office & Facilities Manager, you will be a critical piece in maintaining the operational efficiency of our growing company.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Office & Facilities Manager you will support company operations by maintaining our internal office systems and facilities. Such systems may include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining online systems - logins, users and licenses (for example, being the admin for internal email accounts, activating and deactivating zoom licenses, distributing Docusigns, etc)
- Being the primary point of contact for all utilities providers, building contractors and other facility maintenance vendors (note that this excludes inventory management, supply chain and other procurement needs)
- Light bookkeeping - primarily creating invoices for clients and processing bills from suppliers (training will be provided)
- Pro-actively maintaining office efficiency by planning and implementing new office systems, layouts and equipment
- Booking travel for internal teams
- Running payroll (with supervision from Finance & HR)
- Scheduling of team meetings and company events, including quarterly/annual meeting, as well as weekly lunches, happy-hours, and other events (note that this does not refer to Executive Assistant tasks for individuals)
- The role is on-site and requires in-person interactions with internal and external teams
- 2+ years experience in Office & Facilities Management
- Proven track record of adapting to the evolving requirements of a rapidly growing company
- Proven track record of implementing process and quick learning
- Attention to Detail
- Organization skills
- Experience with managing online administration systems (email, calendars, zoom, Docusign, etc)
- Experience managing vendors of office supplies, utilities, shipping, contractors, maintenance, etc
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing priorities
- Must secure work authorization in the United States and maintain ongoing work authorization beginning at the time of hire through the entirety of employment
- Experience managing team calendars and organizing company events
- Experience running payroll - is a plus but not required
- Experience with basic bookkeeping and payables - is a plus but not required
- Experience booking team travel for company events or for client deployments - is a plus but not required
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GrayMatter Robotics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you believe you require accommodations during the recruiting process, please contact email@example.com to submit your request.
GrayMatter Robotics will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with periodic testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation for this position includes the base salary range of $66,000 - $73,000 USD plus equity. We also provide comprehensive benefits and perks which include but are not limited to unlimited PTO, 401(k) plan + employer match, regular offsite events, a discretionary fund for enhancing productivity and so much more! The range listed on job postings reflects the minimum and maximum new hire salary across levels in Los Angeles, CA.