Robotics Engineer: Systems & Applications, New Grad
Headquartered in sunny Los Angeles, GrayMatter Robotics is an AI robotics company that empowers people with smart robot assistants designed for tedious and ergonomically challenging tasks. We bundle our AI software with off-the-shelf robots, sensors, and tools to create application-specific turnkey solutions for customers through a Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) format.
We help manufacturers improve shop floor workers’ quality of life, increase production capacity, and reduce scrap, repair, and rework costs. As a Robotics Systems & Applications Engineer you will join our Customer Success team to enable customer success by leading the implementation, deployment, and support activities of smart robotic assistants for surface treatment applications.
- Before the work cell is deployed, work with the customer to learn about the manufacturing process, including observing the current process, taking measurements, CAD, and machine documentation
- Work with mechanical and robotics engineers to design the work cell layout for a specific task, keeping in mind the robot's reachability and cycle time
- Make any necessary design modifications on the robot end-of-arm-tool and part fixtures by working with mechanical engineers, and get parts fabricated, assembled, and tested
- Design, implement, and deploy robotic cells, systems, and components
- Setup and test the work cell on the customer task which includes the ability to install, troubleshoot, and maintain control components such as proximity sensors, relays, and vacuum ejectors.
- Work with engineering and support firms
- Install and support robotic solutions
- Lead rigorous system testing practices
- Lead proof of concepts for customers
- Create documentation, manuals, and educational contents
- Developing new applications using GrayMatter technologies and solutions
- Design and lead customer success and support programs
- Work with the product and engineering teams to improve the customer experience
- Other duties and projects
Export Control Requirements
In order to comply with the export regulations of the United States Government, it is required that the applicant must fall under one of the following categories: (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful permanent resident (i.e. current green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years experience with manufacturing automation
- Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to solve technical problems effectively, efficiently, and independently
- Demonstrated experience with 3D solid modeling, analysis, and development of 2D manufacturing drawings
- Basic programming knowledge in C++, Python, or other similar languages
- Familiar with industrial facilities and equipment
- Ability to work with customers
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply! GrayMatter Robotics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you believe you require accommodations during the recruiting process, please contact email@example.com to submit your request.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation for this position includes the base salary range of $70,000 - $90,000 USD plus equity. We also provide comprehensive benefits and perks which include but are not limited to unlimited PTO, 401(k) plan + employer match, regular offsite events, a discretionary fund for enhancing productivity and so much more! The range listed on job postings reflect the minimum and maximum new hire salary in Los Angeles, CA.