Headquartered in sunny Los Angeles, GrayMatter Robotics is a well-capitalized AI robotics startup serving the manufacturing industry. We empower shop floor workers with our smart robots that assist with tedious and ergonomically challenging tasks, specifically in automated surface finishing. Our proprietary GMR-AI™ software is integrated with state-of-the-art industrial robots, sensors, and tools to create application-specific turnkey solutions for customers through a Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) model.
We help manufacturers improve the quality of life for their workforce while increasing production capacity, and reducing scrap, repair, and rework costs. As a Project Manager, you will join our Customer Solutions Team onsite in our Gardena, CA office to deliver robotic systems and solutions to customers, ensuring customer success, and delivering growth within the customer account. You’ll work with customers to ensure they receive the most value from our products and services. You will partner closely with our engineering, internal sales, external vendors and deployment teams to deliver robotics solutions to our customers, build scalable processes and lay the foundation for program management at GrayMatter Robotics.
Role & Responsibilities
- Exercise strong judgment with little information or direction to ensure timely rollouts and meet pending deadlines
- Manage high volume of robotic and automated system projects within a short timeframe
- Own projects through the entire project lifecycle from inception to implementation and establish best practices
- Provide exceptional service to customers and develop deep understanding of their needs to ensure all details are accounted for, from quality specifications to best practices on how they process their parts, and all requirements needed for their proof of concept (POC)
- Consult Application Engineering team and partner with Supply Chain team to acquire materials needed for POCs and ensure timely delivery
- Manage project scheduling and recommend appropriate lead times based on the requests of the customer
- Own all customer-facing initiatives
- Ensure successful implementation of our system at all customers’ locations and make sure each process is scalable and repeatable
- Engage with the engineering and product team to ensure we are upholding a commitment to our customers and are taking all actions necessary for optimal performance, agreed-on cycle times, and continuous improvement
- Ensure customer success with deployed robots and facilitate growth within the account by supporting sales and delivery of additional robots and services
- 3+ years of cross-disciplinary project management experience in automation, manufacturing, engineering, or relevant engineering industry
- Demonstrated experience building programs or processes from scratch
- Proven track record of discussing technical subjects with a non-technical audience while providing exceptional customer service
- Planning, scheduling, and budgeting experience for delivering complex projects in a short period of time
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to quickly problem solve, pay close attention to detail and work autonomously with little or no supervision
- Must be willing to be onsite full time in our office in Gardena, CA
- Must secure work authorization in the United States and maintain ongoing work authorization beginning at the time of hire through the entirety of employment
- Ability to manage a project through the entire life cycle in an automation or manufacturing environment
- Experience with Software, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Deep understanding of manufacturing automation and/or surface treatment
- Experience using Microsoft Projects
- Has project management-specific certifications such as but not limited to PMP, CAPM, CPMP etc.
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GrayMatter Robotics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you believe you require accommodations during the recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation for this position includes the base salary range of $90,000 - $120,000 USD plus equity. We also provide comprehensive benefits and perks which include but are not limited to unlimited PTO, 401(k) plan + employer match, regular offsite events, a discretionary fund for enhancing productivity and so much more! The range listed on job postings reflect the minimum and maximum new hire salary across levels in Los Angeles, CA.
Something looks off?