Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will be working with a top engineering team to build products leveraging GrayMatter’s core AI technologies. While this job is highly technical, and being a top code-contributor is expected, there are many other tasks that will fall on you as well; including running sprint planning meetings, developing coding practices and code review, and driving discussions to action plans with other teams. This is an opportunity to not only contribute, but also steer the direction of the project.
- Articulate high-level technical strategies and product vision; encourage and facilitate technical discussions, and drive the product forward
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for code development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high-quality releases to production
- Help resolve prodction and customers issues and engineer long-term solutions through triage and root cause analysis and data analytics
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems
- Develop and contribute to the software stack
- Facilitate sprint planning activities
- Add comprehensive automated testing to ensure quality and development productivity.
- Maintain high standards of excellence
- Other duties and projects
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in software development for complex function-based software that interacts with sensor inputs, control loops, and redundancy
- Proficiency with C++ and Python production-level coding
- Developed and delivered complete software products that meet rigorous functional and safety-critical requirements
- Experience in guiding agile (scrum) development teams and tailoring processes to maximize team’s productivity and efficiency
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, with confidence and initiative for innovation
- Must secure work authorization in the United States and maintain ongoing work authorization beginning at the time of hire through the entirety of employment
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
GrayMatter Robotics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you believe you require accommodations during the recruiting process, please contact email@example.com to submit your request.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation for this position includes the base salary range of $130,000-$160,000 USD plus equity. We also provide comprehensive benefits and perks which include but are not limited to unlimited PTO, 401(k) plan + employer match, regular offsite events, a discretionary fund for enhancing productivity and so much more! The range listed on job postings reflect the minimum and maximum new hire salary across levels in Los Angeles, CA.
Something looks off?