Senior, Finance & Accounting Associate
dv01 is lifting the curtain on the largest financial market in the world: structured finance. The $16+ trillion market is the backbone of everyday activities that empower financial freedom, from consolidating credit card debt and refinancing student loans, to buying a home and starting a small business.
dv01’s data analytics platform brings unparalleled transparency into investment performance and risk for lenders and Wall Street investors in structured products. As a data-first company, we wrangle critical loan data and build modern analytical tools that enable strategic decision-making for responsible lending. In a nutshell, we're helping prevent a repeat of the 2008 global financial crisis by offering the data and tools required to make smarter data-driven decisions resulting in a safer world for all of us.
More than 400 of the largest financial institutions use dv01 for our coverage of over 75 million loans spanning mortgages, personal loans, auto, buy-now-pay-later programs, small business, and student loans. dv01 continues to expand coverage of new markets, adding loans monthly, and developing new technologies for the structured products universe.
To get a better idea of what a year at dv01 looks like, check out our 2022 Year in Review page here: https://dv01.co/year-in-review/2022/ If that looks like fun to you, get in touch because we'd love to hear from you.
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Maintain the financial model for forecasting, budgeting, and long-term strategic planning
- Analyze financial performance, identify trends and risks, and provide actionable insights to support decision-making. This will include MoM fluctuations, budget vs actual analysis and customer retention analysis
- Partner with Sales and Account Management to understand the sales pipeline and ensuring this is accurately captured in our financial model
- Financial Reporting:
- Manage the financial statement close process, involving cash reconciliation, revenue recognition, payroll processing, cash flow management, procurement oversight and more
- Prepare and present financial and accounting reports, statements, and analysis to the management, board of directors, and other stakeholders
- Provide financial and accounting guidance and support to other departments and functions, such as product, marketing, sales, and engineering
- Oversee the invoicing process, from generation to distribution, along with working alongside our Sales and Account Management to ensure customers contracts are accurately entered into the invoicing system
- Finance automation
- Leverage AI to identify potential applications and projects that would be automated within the Finance and Accounting function of the organization, specifically for enhancing accounting policies and internal controls
- Work with engineers across the company to automate revenue reporting and reporting and ensuring the workflows reconcile back to our GL
- Leadership and Board Decks:
- Correspond with senior management including C-Suite and Fitch/Hearst leaders on weekly basis
- Prepare materials for quarterly board meetings, including financial and accounting performance, key metrics, and business updates
- Develop and implement financial and accounting strategies, policies, and procedures that align with the company's vision, mission, and goal
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with teams and stakeholders across the company
- Bachelor's degree or higher in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field. CPA required.
- 4+ years of experience in a senior finance and accounting role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the FinTech industry, products, services, and business models.
- Proficient in financial and accounting modeling, analysis, reporting, and software and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and compliance standards (GAAP)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial and accounting information to various audiences.
- Exceptional leadership, management, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and adaptable, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and entrepreneurial, with a passion for innovation and disruption in the financial industry.
In good faith our salary range for this role is $100,000 - $110,000 but are not tied to it. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience, expertise, and other business considerations. Our community is fueled by diverse people who welcome differing points of view and the opportunity to learn from each other. Our team is passionate about building a product people love and a culture where everyone can innovate and thrive.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Unlimited PTO. Unplug and rejuvenate, however you want—whether that’s vacationing on the beach or at home on a mental-health day.
- In-House Personal & Performance Development Coach. Recharge with our in-house personal & performance development coach, who is here to listen and help guide in your self-development and overall wellness.
- $1,000 Learning & Development Fund. No matter where you are in your career, always invest in your future. We encourage you to attend conferences, take classes, and lead workshops. We also host hackathons, brunch & learns, and other employee-led learning opportunities.
- Remote-First Environment. People thrive in a flexible and supportive environment that best invigorates them. You can work from your home, cafe, or hotel. You decide.
- Health Care and Financial Planning. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package for you and your family. We also offer a 401(k) for you to contribute.
- Free Equinox Membership or $1,650 Annual Fitness Fund. Regular exercise offers a plethora of mental and physical health benefits. You can either enroll in an all-access Equinox membership or at your preferred gym. Or take advantage of our fitness fund, which can be used toward at-home workout equipment (yes, including a Peloton).
- New Family Bonding. Primary caregivers can take 12 weeks off 100% paid leave, while secondary caregivers can take 3 weeks. Returning to work after bringing home a new child isn’t easy, which is why we’re flexible and empathetic to the needs of new parents.
dv01 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.