Data Engineer II
dv01 is lifting the curtain on the largest financial market in the world: structured finance. The $16+ trillion market is the backbone of everyday activities that empower financial freedom, from consolidating credit card debt and refinancing student loans, to buying a home and starting a small business.
dv01’s data analytics platform brings unparalleled transparency into investment performance and risk for lenders and Wall Street investors in structured products. As a data-first company, we wrangle critical loan data and build modern analytical tools that enable strategic decision-making for responsible lending. In a nutshell, we're helping prevent a repeat of the 2008 global financial crisis by offering the data and tools required to make smarter data-driven decisions resulting in a safer world for all of us.
More than 400 of the largest financial institutions use dv01 for our coverage of over 75 million loans spanning mortgages, personal loans, auto, buy-now-pay-later programs, small business, and student loans. dv01 continues to expand coverage of new markets, adding loans monthly, and developing new technologies for the structured products universe.
To get a better idea of what a year at dv01 looks like, check out our 2022 Year in Review page here: https://dv01.co/year-in-review/2022/ If that looks like fun to you, get in touch because we'd love to hear from you.
Be at the heart of dv01. You will operate as the bridge between the engineering and finance teams, contributing to a variety of integral processes that drive dv01 on a daily basis. Every new dataset that gets integrated within dv01 will have your fingerprints all over it.
Be an owner of dv01's most valuable asset. You'll own the business logic in our data pipeline, encapsulating all the knowledge we've accumulated across hundreds of datasets. The output from the pipeline powers all of dv01's customer offerings and is critical to the success of our business.
Be customer-facing. You will have direct exposure to high-level contacts at hedge funds, banks, and asset originators, providing valuable insights to help them answer complex questions.
Work with state-of-the-art technology. You'll work with popular, modern, and exciting open source technologies like Apache Spark and Airflow. The skills you develop here will serve you well beyond dv01.
A well-rounded engineer. You have 3+ years of professional programming experience with Apache Spark, Scala, Java, R, or Python. You are able to write thought-out code while accounting for resource and performance constraints and are also capable of performing ad-hoc data investigations with SQL.
Interested and experienced in both engineering and finance. You're looking to grow your skills in both disciplines and are excited about the synergies between finance and technology. You’re capable of understanding how investors evaluate loan portfolios and the complexities of amortization, prepay, and default.
A first-rate collaborator and communicator. You’re comfortable working alongside analysts and subject matter experts and translating their requirements into code. You thrive on interacting with clients to best understand and satisfy their needs.
Excited about big data. You should have 2+ years of professional engineering experience working with large datasets, with exposure to large datasets related to loan products an added plus. You enjoy working with data, from expressing complex business logic as scalable data processing logic to configuring and debugging intricate big data pipelines. You love the intricate details of a thorough investigation, but also stay aware of the bigger picture while operating across multiple threads of work.
In good faith our salary range for this role is $120,000 - $145,000 but are not tied to it. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience, expertise, and other business considerations.
Our community is fueled by diverse people who welcome differing points of view and the opportunity to learn from each other. Our team is passionate about building a product people love and a culture where everyone can innovate and thrive.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Unlimited PTO. Unplug and rejuvenate, however you want—whether that’s vacationing on the beach or at home on a mental-health day.
- In-House Personal & Performance Development Coach. Recharge with our in-house personal & performance development coach, who is here to listen and help guide in your self-development and overall wellness.
- $1,000 Learning & Development Fund. No matter where you are in your career, always invest in your future. We encourage you to attend conferences, take classes, and lead workshops. We also host hackathons, brunch & learns, and other employee-led learning opportunities.
- Remote-First Environment. People thrive in a flexible and supportive environment that best invigorates them. You can work from your home, cafe, or hotel. You decide.
- Health Care and Financial Planning. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package for you and your family. We also offer a 401(k) for you to contribute.
- Free Equinox Membership or $1,650 Annual Fitness Fund. Regular exercise offers a plethora of mental and physical health benefits. You can either enroll in an all-access Equinox membership or at your preferred gym. Or take advantage of our fitness fund, which can be used toward at-home workout equipment (yes, including a Peloton).
- New Family Bonding. Primary caregivers can take 12 weeks off 100% paid leave, while secondary caregivers can take 3 weeks. Returning to work after bringing home a new child isn’t easy, which is why we’re flexible and empathetic to the needs of new parents.
dv01 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.