Sr. Frontend Engineer
dv01 is the world’s first end-to-end data management, reporting and analytics platform offering loan level transparency and insight into lending markets, making them more efficient for institutional investors and safer for the world. In a nutshell, we’re doing our part to prevent a repeat of 2008.
As the technological hub between lenders and capital markets, dv01 provides all parties with unprecedented data transparency, insight, and analytics. dv01 has integrated data from 16 marketplace lending platforms, including LendingClub, Prosper and SoFi and multiple mortgage servicers. To date, dv01 has provided reporting and analytics on $105 billions of online lending and mortgage loans and $1.4 trillion of securitization coverage.
To get a better idea of what a year at dv01 looks like, check out our 2022 Year in Review page here: https://dv01.co/year-in-review/2022/ If that looks like fun to you, get in touch because we'd love to hear from you.
Bring transparency to the financial markets: You will bring transparency to $13T of consumer lending by enabling our customers at banks, hedge funds, and credit originators to quickly extract insights from large private and public datasets.
Develop using a modern, open source stack: You will develop on top of a software stack that includes React, Redux, D3, Node.js, Scala, and Spark. We continuously evaluate and adopt new open source technologies to solve customer needs, so the skills you develop here will serve you well beyond dv01.
Interact with a diverse team: You will collaborate closely with other teams at dv01 to create great products. This includes working closely with the product team to understand the customer story, design team to understand the motivation behind the UI/UX, and the data engineering team to understand the most efficient way to query that data.
Gain knowledge of the financial industry: You will have an exclusive view in to the system that enables Americans to afford houses, cars, and college. You will learn about the participants, terminology, and mathematics behind this sector of the financial markets.
A well-rounded engineer with 5+ years of experience: You have a deep appreciation for engineering fundamentals. You understand the importance of writing tests, designing systems for long-term maintainability, and evaluating both sides of common engineering considerations.
Design-oriented: You value beautiful design and intuitive UX. You enjoy working directly with designers and product specialists to make the customer experience amazing.
A visualization enthusiast: You are a data enthusiast and understand the value of visualization in communicating data insights. You have experience using D3.js, SVG, or Canvas API to create visually stunning and insightful graphs and charts.
Curious to expand your financial knowledge: You are excited to learn more about the intricacies of the financial system. You are adept at learning on the job and unafraid to dive into technical finance books.
In good faith our salary range for this role is $155,000 - $175,000 but are not tied to it. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience, expertise, and other business considerations.
Our community is fueled by diverse people who welcome differing points of view and the opportunity to learn from each other. Our team is passionate about building a product people love and a culture where everyone can innovate and thrive.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Unlimited PTO. Unplug and rejuvenate, however you want—whether that’s vacationing on the beach or at home on a mental-health day.
- In-House Personal & Performance Development Coach. Recharge with our in-house personal & performance development coach, who is here to listen and help guide in your self-development and overall wellness.
- $1,000 Learning & Development Fund. No matter where you are in your career, always invest in your future. We encourage you to attend conferences, take classes, and lead workshops. We also host hackathons, brunch & learns, and other employee-led learning opportunities.
- Remote-First Environment. People thrive in a flexible and supportive environment that best invigorates them. You can work from your home, cafe, or hotel. You decide.
- Health Care and Financial Planning. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package for you and your family. We also offer a 401(k) for you to contribute.
- Free Equinox Membership or $1,650 Annual Fitness Fund. Regular exercise offers a plethora of mental and physical health benefits. You can either enroll in an all-access Equinox membership or at your preferred gym. Or take advantage of our fitness fund, which can be used toward at-home workout equipment (yes, including a Peloton).
- New Family Bonding. primary caregivers can take 12 weeks off 100% paid leave, while secondary caregivers can take 3 weeks. Returning to work after bringing home a new child isn’t easy, which is why we’re flexible and empathetic to the needs of new parents.
dv01 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.